ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Structure and Format
Five two-day sessions
DAY 1, 8:00am–5:30pm
DAY 2, 8:00am–2:30pm
- Three sessions are held on Thursday/Friday, two on Friday/Saturday
- Seven weeks separate each session
Location: Summit Executive Center, 205 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago.
Based on The Givray Leadership Framework.
Participants come from all types and sizes of organizations including corporations, partnerships, health systems, associations, educational institutions, government bodies or agencies, and other not-for-profit organizations.
Active facilitation, homework assignments, invited guests, lecturettes, in-session exercises, case studies, and the reading and discussion of core books in order to provoke, stimulate, provide context, and illuminate ideas. The program intentionally creates an environment for reflection, self-discovery and growth via dialogue, sharing, doing, deliberation, debate and problem solving.
Lead Facilitator– Henry Givray, Board Chairman and former President & CEO, SmithBucklin
Co-Facilitator– Doug Klein, Independent Consultant, Speaker and Author
Class of 2018 Schedule
Session 1: March 22-23 (Thursday/Friday)
Session 2: May 11-12 (Friday/Saturday)
Session 3: June 28-29 (Thursday/Friday)
Session 4: NAugust 16-17 (Thursday/Friday)
Session 5: October 5-6* (Friday/Saturday)
$10,000 covers tuition, books, all educational material, food & beverage during all sessions (breakfast, lunch, breaks), and the Commencement Event.
Non-Negotiable Requirements and Expectations
- Full attendance to all five two-day sessions. Other than an unexpected emergency or previously unknown life event, a participant cannot miss any session or part thereof. Prospective participants must be able to schedule and commit to all dates before they can be accepted into the program.
- Meet all homework assignment deadlines.
- Thorough and thoughtful preparation for all sessions.
- Openness, sharing and active participation.
- Fly in the night before, if from out-of-town.